DIY Crate Cabinet With Sliding Drawers

Have you seen the wooden crates that Home Depot sells? My husband and I used four of them to make a filing cabinet style storage piece. The crate drawers slide out for easy access. We are debating where in our home to use this handy piece.
Drawer slides were installed on either side of the four crates. If you look carefully at the picture, you can see that a piece of wood was added to the inside of each crate to provide a surface to screw the drawer slide into.
These are the two sides of the crate cabinet. We used a Kreg Jig to make pocket holes to attach the support pieces.
Here we've added the drawer slides to one side of the cabinet. Clamping the two sides together made it easier to measure exactly where the slides should go on the opposite side.
Now the drawers are slid into each side of the cabinet.
We squared the sides (not shown) and attached supports to both the bottom and back of the cabinet.
The top of the cabinet is made from a piece of oak veneer plyboard. We added oak veneer tape to make it look finished.
Where would you use this in your home? We are still debating but I'm voting that I get to use it for craft supplies.

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Paula Skulina

• Hmc1871081
    Hmc1871081

Great idea.

• Swan
    Swan

I do like your idea since I do crafts myself.

But I also think for people who like the farmhouse style decor, might like it for their guest bathroom to put towels, toilet paper and extras, including say magazines in one of the drawers.