Make A Repurposed Garden Chandelier

$5-15
1-2 Hour

This garden chandelier is true shabby chic, combining old and elegant to add bling to your garden . It's also my oldest and favourite garden art piece.
It's easy to make.
1. Find an old metal kitchen colander (or metal lamp shade). You want something with holes in it (or you can use a metal drill bit and drill them).
2. Using 16 gauge wire, wrap around marbles and hang crystals from the ends. You could thread transparent beads onto the wire. Pick colours you love.
3. Attach flat-bottom marbles or other decorations on the colander using clear-drying outdoor silicone sealant.
4. Add wire to the top and hang the chandelier outdoors.
TIP: I find crystals at stores like Habitat For Humanity. Check old light fixtures. Lots of the ugly ones from the 1970s and 80s actually have good faux crystals on them. You can also use many of the other lamp parts for more garden art projects.
This is the first piece of garden art I ever made and it's still my favourite.
1. Find an old kitchen colander or metal lamp shade - you'll want holes in it for attaching the wires. 2. Use 16 gauge wire. Wrap around marbles and hang old lamp crystals (fake is fine!) on the ends. 3. Glue on flat-bottom marbles.
The shimmer of the marbles and crystals looks pretty all year round.
The combination of old and elegant makes this piece special.

15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
15 Memorial Day Crafts
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Empress of Dirt - Melissa

• Elizabeth Sagarminaga
    Elizabeth Sagarminaga

It is really a great idea to make a garden chandelier from recycled products.I liked your idea and design and I think myriad thoughts have gone in this project that will definitely bring an ritzy touch in your Christmas decoration.Thanks for great instruction.

• Patricia
    Patricia

going to have my grandkids make one of these