Tara
Tara
  • Pleasant Valley, NY

Easy Fall Leaf Wreath and FREE!

Excited to be sharing one of my fall projects with you for
This project is so easy and free even the little ones can help!
easy fall leaf wreath and free, crafts, wreaths
So what do you do when you have a yard full of leaves? Create a wreath of course!
While sitting with our little guy racing trains down the driveway, inspiration struck. Why not use the leaves as a wreath?
I ran inside, grabbed a wire hanger and started stringing the leaves onto the hanger.
When I was done, I reattached the hanger ends, and hung it up!
I love the way the natural brown leaves look against our new door color. You can also be ambitious and scour and gather the really vibrant colored leaves if you'd like.
Bonus, you don't have to worry about the rain or storing it for next year. Just make a new one!
Don't forget to follow on Hometalk for a ton more ideas from amazing bloggers!

Tara

• Joan

1) how did you cut the hanger?; 2) how did you attach (string) the leaves to the hanger?; 3) when you were done stringing the leaves, how did you reattach the hanger ends?

• Holly Cooley

I wonder if it would be worth soaking the leaves first in a bit of water with glycerin in it to keep them from getting crispy and crumbly? How long did the wreath last before it got messy?

• Angel

How long did they last? Is there a way to preserve them so they dont get crunchy?

• Tamra McQueen Oswalt

I would try spraying it with clear matte spray paint. I have done this with other projects in the past and had good luck with it not sure about the leaves on here but I love it