DIY Pottery Barn Knock-off Candle With Leaves

I'm so excited to share this easy knock-off project with you as part of here on Hometalk. This is an easy project that takes just a few minutes but provides a big impact for your fall decor. I'm thinking Thanksgiving table set with oak leaves, acorns and these candles.
diy pottery barn knock off candle with leaves, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
Don't you love Pottery Barn's seasonal items? I know I do. But they can be a bit on the expensive side for my budget. So I turn to stores like Pottery Barn for inspiration and then see what I can do at home.
You'll need some pillar candles, melting wax ( I used the fragrant ones as I knew they would melt easily and clear) and some leaves. I've been waiting for the oak leaves to turn their coppery brown and yesterday was the day to gather them.
Melt the wax in a foil lined pan. I suggest that you use the foil for quick and easy clean-up. After you're done, you just bunch up the foil with the excess wax inside and toss it away. I don't do a lot of things with wax, so this was an easy solution.
Choose leaves that are as unblemished as possible (not always easy in nature) and cut off the stems of 5-6 leaves.
Then "paint" the wax onto the backside of the leaves and press them onto the candle. I used a couple of different variations of design - one had the leaves straight up and this one had them on an angle. If the leaf doesn't stick all the way down, add some more wax to the back and hold it in place till it adheres. Overlap the leaves as you go around the base of the candle. Trim off any excess foliage from the bottom so the candle stands flat.
Use the finished candle on your table, on the mantel or as an accent piece for your fall decor. Here I've used a gold charger plate, a hurricane glass and some faux acorns to create a vignette on a side table.
Of course, you're not limited to oak leaves. You can use whatever leaves you want - here I've also made some using yellow maple leaves.
Don't forget to follow for a ton of other great fall decor ideas and projects!
Heather (New House New Home)

• Barbara Vaughn

Do acorns have to be heated in the oven first? If so
    What temp, and how long?

• Ann

If you don't heat real acorns in the oven, tiny white grub worms will come out of them. Ask google what temp and for how long

• Cuddles

Where did you find faux acorns?

• Tami

how to protect the leaves from going on fire as the candlt burns down?

• Cindee

Thanks, l love them! (And it looks easy to do.)

• Arlene

Absolutely lovely idea. However, for those of us that don’t have access to autumn leaves, I think that faux fall leaves from Dollar Tree would suffice.