CC
CC
  • Battle Creek, MI

Painting My Kitchen Island with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

We built our house during the 90's ode to oak era...so all the cupboards, trim, windows and flooring are oak. I finally made the time to paint my island with chalk paint. I used Annie Sloan Chateau Grey and AS lacquer then I finished with Valspar glaze. I'm so happy with the results as it breaks up that sea of oak! So I have a new island for about $60! Next up... the countertop!
Back side of island before..
Back side of island before..
Side view...
Side view...
Front view...they were much more faded and worn in person...
I added some trim on the back side before painting...I have corbels to add just haven't gotten them up yet.
I did light distressing...
I did light distressing...
I sealed with the lacquer versus waxing just because of the size and I wanted a very durable finish.
Close-up..I let the glaze settle in the grooves and it also hides any roller marks from the lacquer.
Finally got the corbels up!
Finally got the corbels up!

• NancyMaria

I actually did paint my countertops and it turn out great! With Giani Granite paint at http://gianigranite.com/ Originally it was a 90's white fabricated home laminate. Now I can't wait to do all the countertops in the house with a make-over.

, This was done with black base and two browns and a cream, And it was sooo fun just dabbing with a sponge and you can not do it wrong
  • NancyMaria

3 colors put on with a sponge, you can't make a mistake. I will try to remember to do before and after in the kitchen this fall.

• Lori D

You did a beautiful job on those! I have never seen any done where it doesn't look like a "wanna-be" granite imitation. Well done! Love how your mirror ties into granite colors.