Painting My Kitchen Island with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

We built our house during the 90's ode to oak era...so all the cupboards, trim, windows and flooring are oak. I finally made the time to paint my island with chalk paint. I used Annie Sloan Chateau Grey and AS lacquer then I finished with Valspar glaze. I'm so happy with the results as it breaks up that sea of oak! So I have a new island for about $60! Next up... the countertop!
Back side of island before..
Side view...
Front view...they were much more faded and worn in person...
I added some trim on the back side before painting...I have corbels to add just haven't gotten them up yet.
I did light distressing...
I sealed with the lacquer versus waxing just because of the size and I wanted a very durable finish.
Close-up..I let the glaze settle in the grooves and it also hides any roller marks from the lacquer.
Finally got the corbels up!

• NancyMaria

I actually did paint my countertops and it turn out great! With Giani Granite paint at http://gianigranite.com/ Originally it was a 90's white fabricated home laminate. Now I can't wait to do all the countertops in the house with a make-over.

, This was done with black base and two browns and a cream, And it was sooo fun just dabbing with a sponge and you can not do it wrong
  • NancyMaria

3 colors put on with a sponge, you can't make a mistake. I will try to remember to do before and after in the kitchen this fall.

• Lori D

You did a beautiful job on those! I have never seen any done where it doesn't look like a "wanna-be" granite imitation. Well done! Love how your mirror ties into granite colors.