How about a little Weed ID?

+38
Anyone else know the name of this weed? I know everyone has come across this wonderful thorny weed in their yard. For me, I normally find it after it has already won the battle with my hands and arms. Usually, you can follow the mess of vines and find that skinny little stem heading into the ground, usually with thorns all the way. If you wonder why you can't ever seem to pull it up with the root attached, look at the photos to see what the roots look like. There are even thorns underground. Now you can tell why it take a shovel to literally dig them up.
q how about a little weed id anyone else know the name of this weed i know everyone, gardening, landscape