PVC Pipe Toothbrush Holder

$7

Do you get frustrated by kids' toothbrushes getting knocked off onto the floor of the bathroom, or worse, the trash can or toilet? We had this dilemma in our kids' bathroom, and came up with this great way to organize toothbrushes and keep them clean!
toothbrush holder, cleaning tips, storage ideas
With just some PVC pipe and caps you can whip these up in no time. Cut the pipe to size, drill a hole so they can hang, pop on an end cap and label each one so everyone knows which holder is theirs.
The hall bathroom in our house also serves as the bathroom for our 3 kids. When we moved in though it was in pretty bad shape. When we got to remodel it, we knew the funky countertop, with the skinny part all along the back of the toilet had to go.
So this is what the bathroom looks like now, but we had virtually no counter any more, and we needed a place to put toothbrushes! I didn't like the idea of putting them in baskets above the toilet, I wasn't sure they'd stay clean. Click through to the post to get all the specific details on how we made the toothbrush holders. They're super easy, and washable too!
Steph @ Crafting in the Rain

• Lau2487169

couldn't you drill a few holes in the cap & then put the brushes in up-side down?

• Sandra Allen

@Laurae1954 The idea is good but I am afraid the water from the brushes would collect. I love this idea but perhaps she would put them in the toothbrush tubes you can get at the dollar stores. Problem solved!!

• Dana

@Sandra Allen toothbrush tubes do not let the brushes dry and therefore breed bacteria. Since these are inside the cupboard they will air dry and stay safe from airborne germs. Lets not forget these are for kids, which means the simpler the better so they follow through. Great idea and can be cleaned be removing from hook and placing in dishwasher. I'll be doing it in my bathrooms.

• Linda

I love this idea and am going to do the same in our Motor Home. Now there's a place that needs more ideas like this. Everything falls or gets awry when traveling. Thank you for coming up with this idea!!

• Slgibbs1

what are those shiny metal things on the top?

• Susan

Great idea, well done.

• Tracy

I was searching for a DIY toothbrush holder and when I came across this one, I searched no more!! I had some extra board around and stained and mounted mine to that. I also am big on making sure the ends of the toothbrush stay dry. So, I drilled holes in the cap. But can still pop them off too. Thanks for sharing!!

• Tracy

Haha I was gonna reply with great minds think alike!!

Couple of extra steps I did were:

Sanded the PVC and wiped with acetone to make sure the spray paint I used would stay on

Used spray paint that was made for plastic

Used letter stickers, then removed once done painting

Sanded the caps too, especially the parts that had numbers/letters with the PVC spec info

Sealed the container and caps separately

Mine was some trial and error and didn't go as quickly as the one in the above post went, but I'm happy!!