DIY Cookbook Box

I wanted to make our cookbooks less cluttered looking on our kitchen counter. Come see how to recreate this Farmers Market cookbook box.T
The After
The Before
I started with an old wooden box. I found this one at a flea market many years ago and literally forgot all about it. I was actually looking for a box to put all my cookbooks in when I suddenly remembered this box. Fortunately, it was the perfect size.
After whitewashing it and taking my electric sander to it to rough it up, I printed out Farmers Market in some fonts that I really likes. I traced this onto the box and painted it with black craft paint. After the paint dried and cured, I took the electric sander and sanded over the words.
Come over and see how to make this for yourself.

3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Theredpaintedcottage

• Ohiorn
    Ohiorn

Great idea. I can see using this for a lot of different rooms in my house. Maybe rolled up towels in the bathroom.
  • Esther
    Esther

Great idea! My cookbooks are currently corralled by bookends, but it's a pain cleaning under/around them. Would be so much easier to move one box, than individual books!