DIY Cookbook Box

I wanted to make our cookbooks less cluttered looking on our kitchen counter. Come see how to recreate this Farmers Market cookbook box.T
The After
The After
The Before
The Before
I started with an old wooden box. I found this one at a flea market many years ago and literally forgot all about it. I was actually looking for a box to put all my cookbooks in when I suddenly remembered this box. Fortunately, it was the perfect size.
diy cookbook box, crafts
After whitewashing it and taking my electric sander to it to rough it up, I printed out Farmers Market in some fonts that I really likes. I traced this onto the box and painted it with black craft paint. After the paint dried and cured, I took the electric sander and sanded over the words.
diy cookbook box, crafts
Come over and see how to make this for yourself.
Theredpaintedcottage

• Ohiorn

Great idea. I can see using this for a lot of different rooms in my house. Maybe rolled up towels in the bathroom.

• Esther

Great idea! My cookbooks are currently corralled by bookends, but it's a pain cleaning under/around them. Would be so much easier to move one box, than individual books!