Leaf Roses

9.9K Views
The neighbor's tree is shedding hundreds of acorns. I can hear them all day hitting the driveway, then in the evening I see him sweeping them up. Insert lightbulb moment here...I need some of those. I am not sure what for exactly, but I collect 2 coffee cans full. Research how to clean and preserve them. Rinse in a sink of water and a bit of vinegar, then bake at 200 Degrees for 2 hrs.
Time: 2 HoursDifficulty: Easy
  • leaf roses, flowers, gardening
  • leaf roses, flowers, gardening
I collected some craft supplies from my stash that I thought I would use. I decided to chalk paint some mason jars. Use a bit of burlap, some wood slices and twine.
  • leaf roses, flowers, gardening
My huge maple trees are shedding leaves like crazy. I am in awe of the colours in the fall here in Annapolis Valley. I wanted to bring some of that inside. I had previously seen another crafting site show roses made from leaves and thought I would try my hand at it.
  • leaf roses, flowers, gardening
Hot glued some acorns in clusters.
  • leaf roses, flowers, gardening
Final product for my kitchen window sill.
  • leaf roses, flowers, gardening
Closer picture of the roses and leaf clusters. I didn't take any pics of the flowers while making them. But every craft blog or post shows how to make flowers or roses with ribbon. I used same technique. I folded the leaves over in half and made petals. You have to use the newly fallen and still soft leaves for this. I also gathered some leaves in clusters for another look. Kept them together with florist wire. All of these supplies, I had on hand. I didn't purchase anything for this project. Since I posted pics on my Facebook, friends and family are messaging and want me to make some for them.

Suggested materials for this project:

Ask a Question
      • Mickey Baron
        Mickey Baron

Well obviously this picture doesn't do them justice. Such pretty leaf bouquets & those jars are cute on the windowsill. I'm always thinking of things to do with acorns. They're free craft items you can pick up anywhere, & Kids love joining in, to be able to make something.

• Charlene
          Charlene Saint Regis Falls, NY

Love the idea and so pretty! Don't you love those moments a light bulb goes off like that! Did you put anything on the beautiful leaves to preserve them?