I am planning to re-do my kitchen a little at a time for budget reasons.

+11
My appliances are at least 20 yrs old. I have a 36" Modern Maid gas cooktop with downdraft and a 27" electric wall oven microwave combo. My choices are kind of limited with the downdraft cooktop because of the downdraft and limited with the wall oven combo because of the width. *frustrating
Anyway, my question is .. how difficult would it be to install a hood and replace the downdraft cooktop with a regular gas cooktop or slide-in without the downdraft? I'm thinking it should be just a matter of re-routing some ductwork? I would lose my upper cabinet and shelf space and gain the lower. As back-up information, my kitchen sits on the main level, above a full basement, adjacent to the garage wall. The cooktop is on the cabinets facing the wall while the sink is in an island in the middle of the floor. (hope that helps)
q i am planning to re do my kitchen a little at a time for budget reasons my, appliances, home improvement, kitchen design, Modern Maid downdraft cooktop with grill insert
Modern Maid downdraft cooktop with grill insert