Upcycle Your Old Sweaters Into Some Cute Mountain Pillows

$5

It is really easy to felt old wool sweaters and use them to make these cute seasonal mountain pillows.
challenge
First you will need some old sweaters that are at least 65% wool. Preferably in neutral mountain like colours, unless of course you want pink mountains, then feel free to use pink jumpers.
To felt the sweaters just put them into a cotton cycle in your washing machine and this should shrink them. (Like me you've probably done this by accident in the past). Once washed put them in the dryer to soften.
Lay your sweater out flat and place a large piece of paper on top, cutting it into a mountain shape as big as possible.
Using this paper pattern, cut 2 pieces of felt from the sweater; one from the front and one from the back.
Next to make the snowy tops, draw a snow cap on the paper pattern and cut this out.
Cut out 2 pieces of creamy white felt with this pattern. Sew these cream felt pieces to the top of each sweater mountain piece.
Sew the 2 pieces of sweater mountain right sides together leaving a small hole in the bottom. Turn your sweater mountain right side out and then stuff closing the hole when finished.
I love mountains and these cushions are an adorable reminder of them for me. I liked them so much I made 2 and soon I'll have my own range. They would also make a cute gift for any mountain lover and could be made all that more personal by using an old sweater of the recipients.
You can find more detailed instructions on my blog.http://www.pillarboxblue.com/upcycled-sweater-mountain-cushion/

31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Claire at Pillarboxblue

• Pati
    Pati

These are so cute! They made me giggle and lightened my heart! Thanks for posting.

• Ellen
    Ellen

I wanted to show you what you inspired me to make for my son last Christmas! On a Thanksgiving trip to Mexico, just the two of us made a very difficult climb up a mountain—quite an adventure. I remembered your idea so made my own version, using the cable part of one sweater to represent the trail that wasn’t always clear and had us blazing through switchbacks. The very top was icy, so I used your idea of a “cap.”

He loves this so much, it was one of the last things packed and first unpacked when he went to college last week, and he proudly told his roommate, “my mom made this!”

• Claire at Pillarboxblue
      Claire at Pillarboxblue

That is awesome! I love your mountain cushion the addition of the trail is genius what a lovely personal pillow. That's funny too as my son insisted on taking the sweater felt rug with him to college for his room!