Cozy Table Runner With Old Flannel Shirts and Sweaters

Please visit my blog post for a complete tutorial. Thank you! http://www.refreshliving.us/2015/10/cozy-table-runner-with-old-sweaters-and-flannel-shirts.html
I used to go through my drawers and just throw everything that didn't fit or was worn out and give it away. Now that I know how to sew, I'm a bit more purposeful when clearing out clothes for the season, and I'm always thinking about how I can use it for something in my home - pillows, coasters, or in this case, a table runner.
I had a couple of old sweaters that don't fit anymore, and I raided my dad's drawers for some of his beat up flannels.
I chose some pieces with the buttons, button holes, and pockets to add some extra interest.

Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
Jenny @ Refresh Living

• Sue Peet
    Sue Peet

Now that's using your imagination, when we really use our brain the creativity just pours out. If more people would just come up with ideas like this one or give to someone who could be creative with unwanted clothes less would be thrown in the trash. Thanks for sharing, Jenny.

• Ginette Miller
    Ginette Miller

you can get the candle holder for $15.00 probably looking better for Christmas email rkggmiller@hotmail.com