Walnut and Leather lap desk

$100
2 Weeks
Advanced
A couple months ago I saw a great post here on a niffy lap desk
http://www.hometalk.com/844275/laptop-desk-from-scrap
After I showed it to my sweetie she asked for one, and I was looking for one for me too. One of my daughters got on the band wagon too, so the shop roared to life with some new projects.
While the one listed above is a great inspiration ( thanks Thom) I decide to take it up few notches in true KMS Woodworks Style. I have been using locally harvested Walnut for a number of projects and recently got into a little bit of leather work. By combining the two I have come up with a nice piece that will provide some great functionality and match some of our living room decor. The solid wood top keeps the laptop running a bit cooler than when I used it on the fabric cushions... the leather keeps it from slipping.
My Daughters was the first prototype. Hers is stained Russian Olive, Mine is natural edge walnut. My sweeties is ready to have the leather installed.
I have a few more in my shop in various stages, and will soon be listing them in my Etsy.com retail shop.
Black Leather back
Native edge local walnut
With my mini netbook
Tori's desk getting sanded in the shop
First hand with leather and Upholstery tacks
Kid sized for writing + drawing
KMS Woodworks

Questions on this post

Your question...
  1 question

Comments

2 of 4 comments
Next