Thrift Diving
Thrift Diving
  • Silver Spring, MD

The Makeover of a Dumpster Desk

http://www.ThriftDiving.com - I found this old desk next to my dumpster, and knew immediately it had to be salvaged! I painted it with a beautiful ombre effect by mixing some white into my Annie Sloan Duck Egg Chalk Paint, to create the pretty drawers. Hard to believe this desk was FREE! It's where I do all of my blogging from every night :)
This desk had been found next to a dumpster, until I saved it and gave it this face lift! I used Annie Sloan Duck Egg, mixed with Pure White to produce the ombre effect on the drawers.
Poor thing had potential! All the drawers were intact. I just happened to remove them and snapped a quick "before" shot before getting started.
Everything you see in this pic was second-hand! The desk was from the dumpster...the chair, lamp, picture frame, and flower pots, came from the thrift store! :) This is where I do all my blogging, too!
The knobs came from a big sale that Antropologie was having at the time, for about $2.00 each!
A close up of these pretty knobs from Anthropologie, about $2.00 each.
Thrift Diving