Shop at Blu
Shop at Blu
  • Alabaster, AL

I Spray Painted a Sofa!

This old sofa had great bones, but the color was dated so guess what?!! I painted it!
I used my Homeright Finish Max Fine Finish HLPV Sprayer to transform this sofa into something more chic and eye catching! I have painted several fabric pieces in the past but never something this big.
After one coat I was afraid I'd chosen the wrong project but several coats later, the sofa took on a new look! The key to this project was to keep going! Several thin coats were required before the new color started to settle in. But it covered very well!
And here she is all prettied up and ready for date night in front of the TV!
This final fabric is not plush and soft but it is durable and rather spongy, if that makes sense. Check out the complete project ! This project was submitted to the Fab Furniture Flippin' Contest for it's October Spray It Pretty theme sponsored by Homeright!
Shop at Blu

• Jennifer Ewing

How will this wear or/and how long will it last? Does the paint flake or dust off? What kind of paint? Sealer? Spills? Sticky?

I had a rose pink chenille set from 1950s and I can't see this working? What about Leather?

Thank you!

• Kitti London
      7 minutes ago

I did not paint a sofa but I did paint the fabric on the inside of a truck. I was surprised at how easy It went on, how well it covered and how durable is has been I painted it 3 years ago and it looks like I did it yesterday. I used fabric paint from Walmart. It dried unbelievably quick and didn't run or bleed onto my clothes when I sat on it earlier than recommended due to an emergency.

• Fafane Colon

I luv this transformation. How long did the smell last? Did it crack? What equipment n paint u use please? Happy holidays chica keep creating 💃👊

• Angie

What spray brand you use to paint the sofa. I want to paint my but the material is not leather so what paint you recommend.

• Shop at Blu

Girl you are way ahead of your time!
  • Richard Jiminez Jr.

I'm very intrigued by this idea. Instead of having hard platform benches or seating, you can still keep it compfty by turning your old sofa that was meant for the trash into an elegant outdoor piece of art to accent or highlight an outdoor firepit which is what I'm working on at the moment. Thank YOU!!!