How can I make my king size bed frame higher without using risers?

SharonBradWallie Simmons
+8

Without having to use the usual "risers" is there any other way of making a metal bed frame higher?
  • Jim L
    Jim L

If you want to raise just the bed and not the frame, it is very easy. Go to your lumber yard and get 2X6 boards and put the across the frame. If you want it higher than that, get 4X4 boards to put on top of the 2X6 boards. That will give a good bit more height. Be sure that you measure the width carefully so that the boards so not fall through the frame. I would suggest for a full/queen bed to use three (3) boards (top, middle and bottom) and for a king, use four (4). Good much with your project.

• Denise Boyce
    Denise Boyce

Are you wanting it higher to store stuff under of higher so the mattress is at a better height? How many inches are you wanting to raise it?

• Poo
      Poo

@Denise Boyce I would like it to be 3-5" higher....

• Kris
    Kris

Get new legs ...

• DJ
    DJ

I went to the Hardware store and got the wood Fence Post tops. Sanded, painted they already have the screw in them and just screwed them into the legs. Easy as pie and 4" taller. Good Luck!

• HouseLogic.com
      HouseLogic.com

@DJ That sounds like an awesome idea! We wanted to make our bed taller too and we're going to try out your idea!

• Franceen o'toole
    Franceen o'toole

hang it from the ceiling

• Wallie Simmons
    Wallie Simmons

I agree with DJ

• Brad
    Brad

Call Linda Blair from the exorcist.

• Sharon
    Sharon

You can buy cinderblocks and put the bed frame legs in the holes that you will have to line up on each side. I've done this many times for elderly, recovering people from hip fractures and knee problems. Just make sure you put them back a little from the edge so you aren't stubbing toes, you can wrap the blocks with batting and fabric. You can also put cardboard underneath the blocks to not mess up the carpet.