Terry S
Terry S
  • Perry, IA
Asked on Dec 4, 2011

can anyone tell me what the price difference is between quartz and laminate.and what is the best product to use?

Terry SDesigns by BSBYamini LEED AP at Urbanmotifs
+4

• Paul M

What exactly are you doing Terry? Counter tops?

• 3po3

If you are talking countertops, laminate is typically significantly cheaper, and I guess I would say that you get what you pay for.

• Terry S

we are doing a kitchen remodel.so it willl be countertops.love the quartz,but price does make a difference.

• Yeah quartz is definitely going to be more expensive, but it is a harder surface, and it's scratch, stain, and heat resistant. Laminate wears pretty well, but offers little R.O.I. Have you considered granite?

• Go for Quarts Terry, so you don't think of replacing your laminate a few years from now especially if your kitchen has high traffic due to yummy food being cooked!

• Designs by BSB

Terry, your budget and close evaluation of your investment should be 1st consideration. how long do you plan to stay in the home should be a huge factor like Yamini's suggestion supports. For a break down of products.. check out the link below, there is link for "surfaces" that will break down the pros and cons to every surface :) http://designsbybsb.com/2009/01/on-the-surface-counter-tops/

• Terry S

thank you all for the advice. and the web site . it is a tough call , will let you know what i decide quartz , or laminate and granite. not sure how long we will live here. dont want to overdo or underdo . right now they are laminate with oak beveling on the front. they have held up well.