indoors tool storage

$7

I saw Anne @ DesignDreams by Anne repurposed tool box that was pretty enough to be left out in the open so I decided to add storage to 2 unused little storage ottomans. Here is one of them. I couldn't find my seam ripper to open the side seams so I carefully used a box knife. Now all my screwdrivers, wrenches, pliers, hammer and wrecking bar are in a pretty home and I can find them. The other box will hold my electric drill and its accessories along with extra wrenches, screwdrivers, and plumbing tools. The clunky old plastic toolbox will be used to store "extra" parts and pieces in the craft room. I will have more room in my downstairs closet since the tool box and bags won't be in there. I timed myself for the second one so I could be close to real life time not TV time. My only cost was for the bucket organizer.
Tool bucket organizer that I used to line the ottoman with
Tools you will need, stapler with 1/4" staples, box knife. The other tools are in picture 5.
Use the knife to open the two side seams on the bucket organizer.
Use a straight edge or framing square and sharpie to mark the opened organized
Cut on your marked line.
Staple the two pieces into the box and load it up.

• ChristopherJames

Wow! This is such a simple yet so practical idea! The organizer has been right under my nose this entire time but never have I ever thought of cutting it up to customize the interior of my tool box. Sometimes you need to think out of the box (literally) in order to get new and fresh ideas which are readily available without much effort or even money. Such an effortless procedure that makes tool organizing effortless too.

• Kelly S

Thank you. I love the idea of keeping my tools organized. I have to go through my craft room again because the hardest part is staying organized.