April
April
  • Lawrenceville, GA

I thought I'd start a new thread with an update on my shabby chic bedroom makeover.

You can find the original thread here: http://www.hometalk.com/activity/99586. I'm afraid the update is not so good this time, though... :(
As I've mentioned recently, I've been struggling with some decisions about paint color - in which, praise God, I've finally have found a suitable pair for the walls and closets. Instead of taking on the painting ourselves, we thought we'd get a "handymen/painting company" over to do the task - but it hasn't gone over well. It doesn't look like enough coats have been applied as there are streaks, the paint from the trim is bleeding over on the wall, and there is paint on the floor. Needless to say it is a mess and I am so disappointed to say the least... as we were hoping to have this done before Christmas. I'm so embarrassed as I should've looked here first. As they say, "you live and you learn." I just have no idea what to do now but to start all over.
I hate to sound like I'm sounding off here, but I just thought I'd give a update - even if it's not a good one - as you all have been so kind and helpful.
Any thoughts and suggestions?

• Sorry to hear of your mishaps. When making over or renovating a room always keep in mind things may take longer and cost more than expected - unfortunately this kind of thing happens. There are some great painters on hometalk that I am sure can help you out and you will be back on track once again. I think you will get pretty close to done by the holidays. BTW...Antiques of Sandy Springs is having a warehouse sale in Alpharetta this Thur to Sat form 10am to 4pm at 3555 Trotter Drive, Alpharetta, 30004 off of exit 12B. They closed here in Sandy Springs but have lots of leftover items liquidating out of this warehouse. May find a dresser or credenza perhaps! : )

• April

Thanks Virtually! Yes exactly. We've been trying to figure this out for over a year with looking into things and then when we're easy to precede this happens. LOL. And thanks for the vote of confidence - I sure hope so - as we already have our hands full with the Holidays. Yes, at least I know there are professionals here at Hometalk who know what they're doing. :) Ooh, thanks for the heads up! Will definitely have to check that out. I'll let you know if we fine anything. :)