Witwisdomfood
Witwisdomfood
  • Concord, CA

Colorful outside picnic table

$140

We made our first project together. We used plans from Ana White and Olympic stain and sealer in Wedgewood. We learned some important lessons making the table that will come in handy on future projects. Overall it was a simple table to make. A little practice with a circular saw, a drill and you are all set. *I had previously listed the price at $175 but I double checked and the wood cost was $116 and the stain was $20.
When you build anything mark all your cuts before you cut anything. You can erase and remark but you can't reattach wood you already cut off. We would have been back at the lumber yard without this step.
Our table came out level with a little luck and because we took the time to check square every time we attached something.
If you could zoom in some of the boards are cut a little less than straight. We learned you need to make sure the blade on your circular saw is tight so it doesn't wobble through the board and practice using the tool before you start.
You don't always have to go with tan and white for patio furniture. We built our own primarily because I wanted to add color to a drab porch.
Witwisdomfood

• Shirley Anderson

Beautiful. A little pricey but by shopping lumber and paint sales, I think I could reduce that cost a bit.

• Bart Fey

I have always been taught an appreciation for all kinds of wood. Wood, in all it's natural beauty, is so very useful. Thank you for these pics :)