Closet Makeover

In our apartment our "dressing room" also happens to be our dining room. As the only room in our space that has his and hers closets, plenty of floor space for cast-offs and Ikea bags of clean laundry, we struggle to keep it in a "manageable" state. After my most recent purge I was able to really fit everything in, but some things remained unaccessible and therefore unworn. Both of our closets are so narrow hangers only fit in the area with the door jam--so the pockets on either side of the door are poorly utilized. My goal is to maxize my closet space by adding built in shelves, hooks and creative storage to the door-- along with a splash of color for fun!
Double duty door...
Built in cubbies!
View the full post for sources and tips!

24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
Lindsey McCord

• A.R.
    A.R.

What can I do with mirrored closet doors? I had Closet World do a nice job years ago to my closet, but I still do not have enough room. I would like to use the inside of my glass doors if possible, does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
    • Annie Sires
      Annie Sires

Actually, and I don't want to come across as mean, but maybe downsize? I was studded to the brim and then in preparation for a move, cut out every bit of clothing that I didn't love. If you haven't worn itt on a while, if it's not fitting quite right, if it just doesn't look like you wanted it to and you haven't worn it in ages, why not give it to someone who will use it and love it?

• Maria S
    Maria S

Cool if you have a solid door. If not I guess you could use construction glue to put up some 1x's and attach the screws to that and then lay the pipes in?
  • Gabriela
    Gabriela

Where did you buy the baskets on the door?

• Margaret Rutherford
    Margaret Rutherford

I have MANY statement necklaces and no place for them. Thank you, this solves my problem.

• Linda Abate
    Linda Abate

Love the way you installed copper tubing and hooks to hold scarves, belts and jewelry if you so desired. The hanging of baskets is a great way of keeping gloves, and hats in one place. Thanks for sharing your ideas.