DIY Headboard Sconces

Some projects I get "extra" excited to share. These headboard sconces came out of necessity and they were inspired by a pair of sconces I saw that were way out of my budget. I saw these sconces on Painted Fox and knew right away that we needed some sconces on our barn door headboard.
We have a small bedroom and there isn't a ton of room to have end tables on each side of our bed. The headboard sconces would eliminate one table on my husband's side and leave me extra room on the stool I had on my side for the alarm. With a sconce on the headboard, I didn't need to have room for a lamp.
After I decided we needed sconces, I was at a thrift store and found a pair of lamps for under $10. You should read my blog post to see why that never happens at a htrift store. (A link to the post is at the end of this one).
My husband took the lamps apart. I spray painted the metal parts black and then he put them back together to work as sconces.
The switches for the lights were on the cord which we stapled to the back of the headboard with electrical staples. They are in easy reach whenever we want to use them.
I LOVE MY NEW SCONCES!!!
They turned out better than I imagined.
Head over to my blog to see the full details and I why I like these better than my inspiration sconces. http://www.mycreativedays.com/diy-headboard-sconces/

31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Lindsay Eidahl

• Donna Kitchen
    Donna Kitchen

I have a wrought iron headboard but I LOVE your sconces idea. Do you think there is some way that I could modify your design to work? Have been wracking my brain but can’t think of anything. Just look for your best idea guesstimate.

Congrats on your turnout. Fabulous!

Donna

• Cristi Roe
    Cristi Roe

Love them! How did you attach the lamps?

• Ellen
      Ellen

Look carefully at the 6th picture. There appears to be a small clamp holding the stem of the sconce to the bed. It's hard to see but look closely at the lamp on the left. Hope you can see it.