Jamala W
Jamala W
  • Whitmire, SC
Asked on Mar 1, 2013

Are they keepers??

JeanineJamala WRenee Hansen
+14

I went to an estate sale and saw these. The seller just didn't want them..so i got them off her hands for $3.00. I liked them..but now i'm re-considering.. should I keep them.. if so.. any suggestions on displaying them will be most appreciative.. :-)
these vintage glassware are nice but don't know if they're keepers..
  • LuAnn VanDenBerg

Love them!

• Melissa Gutilla

I love them also! I would say u got a great deal.

They would add a great retro vibe to any space they are in, but if you decide that doesn't work for your space you're definitely going to make money on them when you resell them.

• Jamala W

Thanks guys for your feedback..(most appreciated)

• Rachel Medina

I absolutely love those!!! Great buy:)

• Jeanette S

I love these...if nothing else, back-lighting would give any room a beautiful glow! I personally find these TIMELESS! A string of white Christmas tree lights works wonders with glass!

• Gail Salminen

@Jamala W these are stunning. You could repurpose the ones with stoppers and use them to serve a salad dressing in, would especially enhance an outdoor dinner table. They would be really unique! I can also see them placed strategically in a room to bring out an accent colour. I hae a lot of items in the various bedrooms that only serve as a colour accent and it works well for me. I even have a uniquely coloured metal cookie canister in a bedroom LOL but the colours are perfect! So before you get rid of them look at your rooms with a new eye and also with an eye for the future. You might also want to get them appraised.

• Maxine St.Clair

The tall red one I own and purchased in 1972 for about $30 so you got quite a bargain. The other bottles are also beauties.

• Pamela Haney Parker

I love these vases. The red one without the stopper would look great on a hearth next to the fire place. The pitcher definitely in a dining room on a buffet or something like that. I have one like the green stopper vessel, and I have it in a grouping on a table. You could also put clear or iridescent glass pebbles in it to add glimmer and depth, making it a conversation piece. The red stopper vessel could also go on a hearth, mantel or table.

• Z

Beautiful vintage glass Jamala. You really came out good on this deal. They'd look lovely in a window.

• Sarah Sims

the tall red one, I have it in blue and bought it in the 60's don't remember the price.

• Jamala W

Thank you guys for your feedback.. that's why i love this site soo much..the sincere interaction from such wonderful people is absolutley fantastic. I'm soo happy to be a "Hometalker"

• Donna harrington

hi, Jamala i have a similar piece like the red one. mine is amber. i keep it in the corner in my bedroom and use it to collect pennies. the others would be lovely as wine decanters and the handle piece well, maybe a kid friendly beverage for a lovely special occasion.they are gorgeous! enjoy them:)

• Tracey T

What a great score! If you don't want them I will take them off your hands..lol I love the green ones!

• Renee Hansen

Love them, if you decide you don't want the purple or red one let me know.

• Jamala W

will definitely keep you in mind

• Jeanine

They all are beautiful! A display of them all together would look vintage eclectic. I remember my mom having a couple like the red one when I was a child. Great find!