How To - Dish Drawer Organizer

$58

I have been gradually getting my entire kitchen organized. This is my latest project. I made a very sturdy dish drawer organizer. I looove how everything looks when I open this drawer, and so do all of my visitors. They all want to know how I did this. :-)
This was much cheaper than purchasing a kit, and it turned out to be more structurally sound. (I like my things to last forever!)
See the full article
how to dish drawer organizer, how to, kitchen cabinets, kitchen design, organizing
View from left side.
View from right side. (pst.... I turned the saucers around so that you could still see the pretty side from both views). ;-)
And from top. I have just enough room to add a few more rectangular plates, which I am about to purchase.
Drill holes into a 1/2" cabinet grade plywood. (I used birch). Use a pegboard scrap as a template to create the holes. I provide reasons for not using the actual pegboard as a drawer organizer. If you are thinking about using the pegboard as a quicker, easier method, please read the full details on my site to see why that is not the best idea.
Use hanging bolts for the dowels. Tape off the drill bit to mark depth of hanging bolt, prior to drilling into dowels. Screw threads go into dowels and machine threads go into the panel. (see full instructions)
Before.....
After!
Rachel Lynn @queenbeeofhoneydos.com

• Rena Noele

Why drill all the holes that the pegboard covered, when you only needed less than a third of the holes?

• Mili Shutler

Hi I'm in the UK and cannot find out what a hanging bolt is would you post a picture so I check out the hardware suppliers here? many thanks

• Mili Shutler

Hi Rachel thanks for replying so quickly. I'm now on a mission to find those hanging bolts. I love your website and the amazing projects and clear instructions

• Chris

You drilled a 3/16 hole for the t-nut, but I don't see any 3/16 t-nuts at Lowes. Can you confirm what size t-nuts you used?

Also, what length hanger bolts did you use?

Thanks

Chris

• Chris

Sorry, I see the answer now on your blog, thanks!

• size 8-32×1 hanger bolts
      • size 8-32x 1/4 T-nuts

• Victoria Williams

I have been looking for "the perfect" stove top forever. Yours is absolutely gorgeous. Can you provide me with the brand and details. And thank you so much for sharing that project. I'm running out to get the supplies right now.

• hmmm... I don't have a stovetop cover, what you see in the image above are just the gas grates and the center griddle. I am not sure if you meant this for me or for someone else, so excuse me if I misunderstand. The image above is a Thermador professional series stovetop. Nothing extra is added to it. Thanks! 🙂