Postcards From the Ridge
Postcards From the Ridge
  • Oak Ridge, TN

Make Your Glass Cooktop Sparkle

1 Material

We have a glass cooktop that gets dirty quickly. I cook fairly regularly. And my husband and teenage daughters like to cook but they don't always wipe the stove top off immediately. I've found a quick and inexpensive way to get it sparkling clean.
make your glass cooktop sparkle, appliances, cleaning tips
I've got a little routine that takes no more than 10 minutes max. All the baked on grit, grime, and food can be removed without damaging the top.
My secret weapon...bar keepers friend and a scrubber sponge.
A scrubber sponge, some bar keepers friend (found here http://amzn.to/1ZQKtjF) and a little elbow grease are all it takes!
I buff it when I'm finished and there's actually a reflection in it.
Complete details and many other household tips and ideas can be found by visiting my post. Just click on the link below!

Postcards From the Ridge

• Susan Meyer

Barmans friend? What is it. As Im in Australia.

• Chris

Susan, Barkeeper's Friend is a powdered cleanser BUT, unlike most other cleansers, it will not scratch the surface you're cleaning.

• Susan Meyer

sorry about the delay As i have just checked my computer. We have in Australia, what they call a creme paste called Gumption. So I don't no how that will work. Regards Susan Meyer.

• Linda McErlean

I have used Bar Keepers Friend for a while now to clean my stove.

• Tracey

I've used the cream version of Bar Keepers Friend for this and it was much cheaper than the glass top cleaner I was advised to use by the salesperson of the stove!