An easy cleaning tip for one of the worst jobs in the house!

604K Views
My stove burners get absolutely disgusting. Sealing them up with a tiny bit of pure ammonia makes it possible to just wipe clean with a sponge.
  • an easy cleaning tip for one of the worst jobs in the house, appliances, cleaning tips
So easy to do this! You don't even need elbow grease!
Ick! (I cook a lot... don't you judge me.) ;)
Take the disgusting, yucky burner and seal it up in a big Ziploc-type bag with about 1/4 cup of ammonia and let it sit overnight.
The same burner, 12 hours and no scrubbing later. Ammonia fumes have worked their magic. It's the fumes that dissolve the grease, not the ammonia itself.

Suggested materials for this project:

Vivienne @ The V Spot