Old Door, New Life

My husband decided to make himself a workshop in our basement. When I went down there to see what he was up to I noticed this door. It's such a nice solid wood door and it bothered me that it was just sitting there with no purpose. So that night as I'm laying bed trying to go sleep the wheels were turning and turning...then it hit me! (BTW, that's when I get most of my ideas, when I should be sleeping...lol)
This is the door I kept myself awake over! So in the morning, first thing I did was tell hubby my idea, he loved it! My thoughts were either a kitchen island or a bar...we've done so many islands we decided to do something different and went with the bar idea. Not 5 minutes later hubby was walking out the door! I followed right behind him in my pajamas with my coffee in hand...down to the dungeon...I mean workshop! :)
He sliced the door into 3 sections, in the front is the top part of the door and the sides were each half of the bottom. Glued, screwed, and clamped.
This is it unclamped and of course we had to add wheels because that's just what we do!!! :)
I wanted a section for wine glasses and a wine rack, and the other section with a shelf for bottles.
Now we're thinking about what kind of footrest to use...yes, pipe! Love the pipe idea!!!
Next was boxing in the bottom and hiding the wheels and extending the top so a frame was built.
Wine racks made, shelf, etc....
The top is made....looks fabulous!!!
Of course a bar needs a drawer or two for bottle openers, coasters, etc. We used 2 drawers from an old Singer sewing machine and the bottom we used a door from an old hutch. :)
The buyer wanted it painted in light color and highly distressed, actually her exact words were "distress the crap out of it!"....lol
This distressed look isn't for everyone...I paint it the way the buyer wants me to.
We added 4 hooks around the bar to hang pocketbooks.
Of course it also needed a bottle opener. I'd use the bottom drawer as a cap catcher...that's just me though!
Plenty of storage and details!!! We put our hearts into everything we do and lots of times it's really hard letting our pieces go....this is definitely one of them! Thankfully it's going to a great home so it makes it a little bit easier! :)
Visit us on Facebook to see some of our other makeovers...make sure to "LIKE" our page too! https://www.facebook.com/RonisRescuedRelics

30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/RonisRescuedRelics

• Joanie

After making this lovely bar.....and I mean LOVELY, do you stock it up with all the "goodies"? My compliments to both of you....for all the ideas and the beautiful work......

• Roni

Hahaha! It would be way too have to move then...Lol Thanks, Joanie! 😊