Sarah
Sarah
  • Berkeley Springs, WV
Asked on Mar 2, 2013

I'm looking for ideas as how to create an old-fashioned looking soap making shop from this addition to our ranch home.

SparklesSarahKMS Woodworks
+2

I hope to open in May, and this room is app. 14' x 14' with a corner that is woodstove equipped. Need a hard, burn/stain-proof floor, ceiling fan, good lighting, cheerfully decorated, but to give an old-fashioned feeling in atmosphere. I'll also need counter space and an option for plumbing that would include a sink. I love the idea od using old barn wood or plank boards but don't want it to be drab looking! Any ideas???
Stripped of all the old wallpaper that had been on since the 70's
i m looking for ideas as how to create an old fashioned looking soap making shop from, flooring, home improvement, woodworking projects
  • KMS Woodworks

I would go with a nice porcelain tile for the floor, 3/16" grout lines, sanded grout in a darker color and seal it well. the barn wood siding could add a nice touch.

• Sarah

I love that idea! Durable, easy to clean, lasts forever....yeah, that new carpet has to come out real soon! Thank you and hope you'll keep those ideas coming! :)

• Sarah

BTW...I was born in Flint, MI! Lol! I love the mountains too, but The Appalachains took my knees out when I was only 43. Now I go between the flat lands of West, TN and our mini farm in Berkeley Springs. I'll follow your boards...we have a lot in common! :)

• Sarah

I have so many ideas and I'm enjoying listening to the thoughts of others! Keep 'em coming folks! This soap shop is gonna rock when it's done! :)

• Sparkles

i do not know how to add pictures from the net on here so i can not show you the cute ideas i have found.