Beth at Unskinny Boppy
Beth at Unskinny Boppy
  • Birmingham, AL

How to Clean an Oven Like a Boss.

The holidays are almost here! I cannot wait for all those warm, cinnamony smells to fill my house!
But unfortunately, right now, the only smells coming out of my oven are the smells of charred cheese and blackened bits of burned food from years of use. Once upon a time I used the self-cleaning feature to clean my oven and nearly suffocated from the fumes. I had to open all my windows and turn on the fans to keep from choking on the smell. It took me weeks to get the stink out. Phew-wee. So this year I decided to take the old fashioned elbow grease route, and it turned out to be a lot easier than I thought!
Are you ready to see it? My embarrassing oven "before" photo? Here you go! Enjoy....
how to clean an oven like a boss, appliances, cleaning tips, how to
Before and after. Told you it was bad! Let me show you how I cleaned it.
Thieves Household Cleaner. This stuff is AMAZING. It smells great and doesn't make you want to choke since it's made from all-natural ingredients. It actually smells like cinnamon! I love this stuff! I keep several bottles mixed up all around my house-upstairs and down, so I won't have to search for it when I need it. The dilution ratios are crazy good so this bottle lasts a long time. I have removed all sorts of stains with it, everything on fabric from baby formula to blood stains. No kidding! And then I cleaned my oven with it. :)
Here is the link to purchase Thieves Cleaner:
https://www.youngliving.com/en_US/products/home/natural-cleaning/thieves-household-cleaner
If you appreciate this post and would like to order from me then I would appreciate you using my member so I will get credit for your sale.
Give all the grimy parts a quick once over with the spray, leaving it soapy. Then let it sit and soak for about 30 minutes while you go about your holiday baking business.
Use a nylon scraper to remove the worst of the baked on bits, then scrub it with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and elbow grease.
Scrub the rest with a magic eraser until Mr. Clean begins to squeak like Stuart Little on a treadmill. Scrub, scrub, scrub. Wash, rinse, repeat that process until your oven looks brand new!! SO simple!

Beth at Unskinny Boppy

• Beverly

I lost the directions on how to use the self-cleaning feature on my self-cleaning oven. it's very dirty now. Can I use the orange peels marinated in vinegar method, with baking soda, without damaging my oven?
    • Beth

Look up the manufacturer on line for instructions. You will need the model number. That is what I did to use my self cleaning oven when directions were lost.

• Evelyn Herbold

I wish to verify that you can either use the vinegar & orange peels or Thieves Cleaner & Magic eraser on a self cleaning. If not, how?

• Kathy

I want to try this product for cleaning a oven that is in the pre-owned rv camper I purchased. The oven looks like it has never been cleaned. My question is will this Thieves Household cleaner get it cleaned so I can use it (the oven)?

• Shawn Lee Pitts

I have a aqua mist cleaning oven. if u don't catch the spills right when they happen it doesn't clean them. will this work on mine

• Diane Kehn

Too much scrubbing. Magic eraser is too toxic.

• Diane Kehn

I don’t care how you twist things around to make it look like bad things are good and you can read it any way you want to, but formaldehyde is formaldehyde, whether it’s a chemical name, an ingredient, an additive or anything you want to disguise it, it is still toxic.