Just a Coffee Table? No Way - This is Art. #SPiTchallenge

Well I have this fabulous friend. Her name is Gina. Gina knew that I was dabbling in this whole furniture repurposing thing so she provided me with the perfect pallet for my Unicorn SPiT Stain & Glaze in One.
Gina's Table
Here's my pallet. Check this coffee table!! Fabulous piece on its own because it is solid, and no issues. Time to get to work!
The blank canvas
Of course, there is sanding. I needed to get the top down to the bare wood and it took a while. But look at the result! Couldn't ask for more beautiful grain to work with!
The beginning of color wonder
I have a passion for blending the colors. I think I used nearly every color on this table that Unicorn SPiT offers. But my trick is to just blend, blend, blend. I use a lot of water sometimes to put the colors together and soften them. When you use water, you dilute the SPiT to just a stain and it does take the glaze effect away.
Wow.. deep, rich, color
First coat of poly on. Look how it deepens the richness of the colors and how they are bringing the wood to life! The grain peeking through is the best part!
Stain the Edges
I used Zia Teal Unicorn SPiT to do the edge of the table top. It also has some grain poking through and almost looks distressed.
Yummy!
I painted the base with an off-white chalk paint and sealed it with a General Finishes top coat.
I'm in Love
I didn't have to do a thing to the pulls on the drawers... they were cool to begin with.
"Magical Unicorn" Coffee Table
My "Magical Unicorn" Coffee Table is complete. Isn't she beautiful???? This table is part of what inspired me to focus on just wood art. Seeing how these colors bring such life to wood brought life to me!
All Her Glory
Thank you Gina!! For giving me this gorgeous canvas!

Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
15 Memorial Day Crafts
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
Susi Schuele

• Tonia L. Schipull

I sent a picture of your Magical Unicorn coffee table to my daughter and she would like for me create the same for her. I bought a coffee table at the thrift store for .49. Yes, forty nine cents!! I'm a beginner. Do you think I could possibly re-create ?what you have done or at least similar where she would like it? She has a 3-D pic of an Elephant that has all of those colors in it. She loves it. Is there anyway you can give me more detailed instructions? She just moved to Minn. for her career and give it to her as an apt warming gift!

Where can I buy the Spit Unicorn set and any other materials I may need. I do know how to chalk paint.

Thanks for any help!!!

I may be getting in over my head!!

Tonia

• Deb

Look up Michelle Nicole. She is the incredible artist who made up Unicorn Spit.so many wonderful products so many ideas

• Jennifer Wolosin

Has this technique ever been used on a floor?

• Susi Schuele

I personally have not done a floor. However, the creator of the Unicorn SPiT Stain did a concrete floor in her showroom that was magnificent. You could absolutely stain a sanded hardwood floor. The trick would be sealing it as you need an soil based sealer and that could end up slippery. But it stains like any other wood stain. It’s a fabulous product. Join the Unicorn SPiT group on Facebook for loads of tips. 😁

• Kathy

Can you do this when the piece has been painted with black chalk or do you have to sand the paint off? Or can you use this technique over the black?

• Kathy

Thank you so much, I’ll be sanding. Do you have a video, on your technique?

• Roseann

Beautifully done! Those interested in more ideas please check out the Unicorn Spit Facebook pages. Wonderful ideas and a great group willing to assist with your questions. US is so much fun!

• Suzanne

I did this for my son and daughter in law on a coffee table they found on the side of the road. I have since done several pieces around their house. Like the kitchen table and sewing table It’s beautiful.