Orange Vinegar Cleaner

I am so excited to share with you this Orange Vinegar Cleaner. I love the effectiveness of cleaning with vinegar and that it is a natural cleaner. I can spray areas and know that it is not harmful to my children. I clean the bathrooms, doorknobs and kitchen counters. There is always a bottle under my sink with vinegar in it. So when I came across the idea to steep orange peels in it and make it smell better -- I couldn't resist trying it. I was curious to see if it would really work, keep in mind that the smell of good old regular vinegar does not bother me. However my 8 year old son has Asperger's Syndrome and certain smells really bother him and vinegar is one of them. So I am always trying to clean when he is out of the house.

So much to my surprise after a week of steeping in the vinegar, the orange peels did work. It turned the vinegar into a sweet smelling success. Now this is the only way I use it!

Orange Vinegar
1 16-ounce canning jar
2 oranges, peels only
vinegar to cover

Put the orange peels inside the jar. Pour vinegar in the jar to cover the peels and put the lid on tightly. Store in the cupboard for a week, then transfer the vinegar to a spray bottle and use for all your cleaning purposes!
Orange Vinegar Cleaner
Orange Vinegar Cleaner
Stockpiling Moms

• Allison

the orange peels don't make the solution sticky?

• Janet Louks Hustek

No stickiness. Add 1/2 cup of solution to a 32 ounce spray bottle and fill with water for one of the best natural cleaners.

• Fyt1022483

In a similar way we do liquer drink Thank you! You are a briliant lady. at my country. We only use alcohol instead of vinegar and the whole fruits- any fruits you like but sliced

• EllieBellie

I'm doing this today after my husband eats his oranges!!! I love the smell of orange peels! Thanks!
  • Jes15450905

Can I use Cleaning vinegar for this recipe?