A Kid's Hallway for $60

$60
1 Day

We have an oddly-shaped hallway between our little girl's nursery and bathroom, and the most prominent wall houses our thermostat and a large air vent. A few years ago, I painted this hallway and installed board and batten to help liven it up, but this wall has always been blank for the most part.
It occurred to me recently that this wall would be perfect as a bit of a "command center" for our daughter. For now, it'd mostly be used for photos and notes, but once she's older, it would be great resource for her to organize her schoolwork, backpack, and other items. This project was extremely easy to do, and took all but an afternoon to finish!
First, I decided to paint the upper portion of the wall with chalkboard paint. Two coats gave it perfect coverage against the wall. I tried out Rustoleum's brand of black chalkboard paint this go-around, and I could not say enough positive things about it. You can also choose to get it tinted to any color you prefer.
I had fun at Michael's and picked out some cute black and white picture frames, a distressed frame, a magnetic sheet, and wooden block letters to go onto the wall. These items were on sale and it was more cost effective to buy them already finished than to go the DIY route -- so that made things easy! I hung them on the wall accordingly.
Then, to finish the wall, I installed numerous oil rubbed bronze robe hooks onto the existing board and batten. We bought a six pack of these from Home Depot for $7.
More details may be found in my blog link below!

The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
Kirsten S