SimplyDesigning
SimplyDesigning
  • Indianapolis, IN

Autumn Felt Pom Poms

When I made these, I was looking for a simple project that would add big impact to my Thanksgiving tablescape. I think these fit the bill!
autumn felt pom poms, seasonal holiday decor
To make these you'll need:
1 yard of felt each in 3 different colors
several hundred pins (I had a box of 500, but I did not use them all!)
(3) 4 styrofoam balls
Sizzix Big Shot with Flower Layers #11 or 2 circle die, or scissors
I used my Sizzix Big Shot and my Flower Layers #11 die and cut out a LOT of approximately 2 flowers.
First you will want to cut your felt into either flowers or circles. You can really do this quite quickly with a good pair of fabric shears too! Just make one circle template and you will be able to cut a couple layers of felt at one time with nice scissors. These do NOT have to be perfect.
Next you will fold your circles / flowers in half, and then in half again. Then pin the bottom corner of felt into the sytrofoam ball. Repeat until your entire styrofoam ball is covered in felt.
That's it! It's super easy, but takes a little time so maybe watch a favorite TV show while you work.
SimplyDesigning