Simple Stylings
Simple Stylings
  • Huntersville, NC

DIY Paint Dipped Artwork

Okay, have you guys seen this paint dipped artwork thing before? Now I know this is a love it or hate it kind of thing, but I was at the Habitat store and I stumbled across these three perfect pieces and the idea wouldn’t leave me alone.
diy paint dipped artwork, crafts, home decor, wall decor
You probably saw them and wondered what in the world I was going to do with them if you follow me Instagram. Don’t worry, as cute as these prints looked in my Instagram photo they aren’t original paintings and they weren’t in the best of condition.
I simply spray painted the frames gold and once they were dry I taped off a 1/3 section of the paintings and sprayed them with three shades of the same color.
I was just shocked I found three pieces that fit my space…winning!!!
I like to think of it as giving new life to these forgotten pieces. And I’m feeling kind of bold right now so I’m giving it a thumbs up!
Simple Stylings

• Beth

Why, why, why, would you paint over part of perfectly lovely old prints? This is...just odd. It defies explanation, and is not artsy.

• Marie R

What you meant to say at the end ..is imho😎

• Melanie

I love the mirror on the left! Did you make it?

• Lisa Sinclair

It is very pretty. It looks like a pallet framed mirror,to me. There are a lot of ideas like it,here on Hometalk.

• Dawn

I think I would have taped off the gold frames and sprayed the whole center(s). And hot glued faux succulents/flowers on the bottom center edge of each frame.

• Waneta Jo Lind Wanous

Great idea. I've always liked trying and doing New ideas outside "the box". I've always thought, if you can imagine something, then it stands to reason that you could find a way to make it.

• Dawnsue
    31 minutes ago

Just fantastic! Let the humble opinion of others go until they show their projects. I think the color makes the wall come alive and make you look at it, otherwise I could just walk by it. Give us more.