Julie Frey
Julie Frey
  • Hopkins, MN
Asked on Mar 3, 2013

How do you clean the glass on the oven door?

VickiJulie FreyMom4Real
+3

The glass window on the oven door gets soooo dirty. I have tried everything from baking soda and vinegar to the new scrubbing bubbles stuff for kitchens. I even tried the self-cleaning part of my oven, nothing gets it clean.
  • Debbie

I bought s shark cleaner, only place ive seen them is in Kmarts.About $60.00 but you can clean just about everyhtingwith it. Has various wands to use.. Husband cleaned my oven door, and cleaned the finderprints off my kitchen cabinets

• ammonia will remove this, however it is a bit tricky to do. First off have you used oven cleaner? If not try that. If that is not successful then take an old towel Open the door place the towel over the entire door surface. Soak the towel in ammonia then cover over with plastic wrap around the towel and door to hold it in place and to keep the fumes from spreading. Leave the ammonia soaked towel for several hours. Then remove and the baked on surface should be able to be cleaned by wiping off. Just be sure to have plenty of ventilation with open windows and perhaps the stove top vent running if it vents to the outside. The fumes are not something you want to be messing around with, but once the plastic is over the towel, the fumes should be minimized.

• Yair Spolter

Hi Julie, you've already got some great answers here. You can find some more posts on the subject by great Hometalkers like @Mom4Real and @Anna M on this page: http://www.hometalk.com/search?filter=clean+oven+glass

• Mom4Real

Hi @Julie Frey I know it can make you crazy! Here is a post I did tackling that very problem! Let me know if you have any questions! http://www.hometalk.com/640106/how-to-clean-in-between-the-glass-on-your-stove-doors

• Julie Frey

Never heard of this but will check it out!

• Vicki

a soapy steelo and it dosent sctrach glass...these the potatoes trick..white vinegar but thats more 4 mould