How to get Blood out of Carpet?

$0

This may sound strange but if you take shaving creme either men or women, gel or not. Get a lather and spread it on the area affected let sit for about 10 minutes then blot with slightly wet dish towel or wash cloth and it will remove it. I don't know why but it works. Great for those bloody noses.
Photo credit: www.dallascarpetrepair.com

• George Margie Johnson

My husband cut his big toe without feeling it and it bled a circle about as big as a saucer that soaked thru to the backing. I soaked peroxide til I thought it was gone then it came back. I mixed a small amt of vinegar and peroxide and poured about an ounce & half onto that spot. now it is just a dark circle. How do I get this out? I am desperate. This is light beige carpet.

• Sweet Papaya Creative

I would try the shaving cream. It was original barasol. It was pretty amazing that it worked. It was a new stain. But it is worth a try. My carpet was pretty light. It came out competely. It didn't affect the color at all. Google is an amazing things:) Not sure how the person who tried it in the first place thought "hey why not shaving cream!". Good luck.

• Isl12591872

How to remove Jean dye from a white leather viuch

• Patricia

I've never heard of this method, but if the need ever arises (hopefully not!) then I'll give it a try. But I had to laugh because it reminded me of the Seinfeld quote about removing blood stains from a tshirt: "I think if you've got a T-shirt with a bloodstain all over it, maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem." LOL - thanks for sharing!

• Gsb1988868

Tried the shaving cream worked for me! My dog hurt her foot we didnt realize it!!