How to get Blood out of Carpet?

$0

This may sound strange but if you take shaving creme either men or women, gel or not. Get a lather and spread it on the area affected let sit for about 10 minutes then blot with slightly wet dish towel or wash cloth and it will remove it. I don't know why but it works. Great for those bloody noses.
Photo credit: www.dallascarpetrepair.com

• George Margie Johnson

My husband cut his big toe without feeling it and it bled a circle about as big as a saucer that soaked thru to the backing. I soaked peroxide til I thought it was gone then it came back. I mixed a small amt of vinegar and peroxide and poured about an ounce & half onto that spot. now it is just a dark circle. How do I get this out? I am desperate. This is light beige carpet.

• Sweet Papaya Creative

I would try the shaving cream. It was original barasol. It was pretty amazing that it worked. It was a new stain. But it is worth a try. My carpet was pretty light. It came out competely. It didn't affect the color at all. Google is an amazing things:) Not sure how the person who tried it in the first place thought "hey why not shaving cream!". Good luck.

• Isl12591872

How to remove Jean dye from a white leather viuch

• Gsb1988868

Tried the shaving cream worked for me! My dog hurt her foot we didnt realize it!!
  • EMILY

Hydrogen peroxide is another household item that may help with blood removal. Test the peroxide on a hidden area to ensure it doesn't discolor the carpet. Dab the hydrogen peroxide into the carpet as you did with the water and detergent.

“Again, you can use hydrogen peroxide to tackle blood stains on your mattress. However, unlike with carpets and upholstery, you can’t simply pour it because it will get soaked up through the layers of memory foam. Instead of using it in a liquid condition, you should create a cleaning paste.

Mix 1 tablespoon of salt, 1/2 cup of cornstarch and 1/4 cup of hydrogen peroxide in a bowl. Swirl the ingredients until they turn into a paste. Spread the paste onto the stain using a spoon or a dull knife and let it dry. Then scrape off the layer of paste and vacuum the mattress. If there is still any blood residue, simply repeat the steps until the stain is lifted.”

Using Stain Removers:

Commercial carpet cleaners and stain removers offer another option. Enzymatic-based cleaners may work on bloodstains because blood is a protein. Apply the cleaner or stain remover to saturate the stain. Allow it to stay on the carpet for up to a few minutes before dabbing with a clean cloth to remove the cleaner and blood. Dab the area with fresh water and a clean cloth to remove the cleaner from the carpet.

Warning:

Do not use enzymatic-type cleaners on wool carpet.

Read all warnings and package directions to ensure the carpet cleaner or stain remover you choose is safe for your specific type of carpet.