Christmas Spoon Trees

Last year I bought some styrofoam cones with the intention of making some Christmas Trees. There were so many wonderful ideas on pinterest, but once I took a walk in the dollar store, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.
I found these adorable little silver spoons at the dollar store. They are just over 1/2 the size of regular plastic spoons and they are very reflective.
I also found a package of star wands in the birthday section. I spray painted the styrofoam cones with a silver spray paint.
I made the first tree by cutting the spoon tops off and used hot glue to attach them to the base. Start at the bottom of the cone and glue a row of spoon tops around the bottom of the cone, then glue another row above the first row and let the spoon tops overlap the row you just finished. Work your way up the cone doing the same thing. When you get to the top, add a row of spoons facing the other way.
I just used a standard pair of scissors to cut off the spoon tops. Then I stuck a star wand in the top.
For the other tree, I used the bottom of the spoons that I had removed the top from to create this unique tree. Always start with the at the bottom of the cone and work your way up. I finished it off the same way I did the first tree by adding a row of spoon tops facing inward, along with a star wand for the top.
I love how these trees turned out! They were so easy to make and they reflect the light brilliantly! It became and is still one of my most viewed posts.

3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies