Aluminium Foil Polish Stars

Making Christmas Decorations does not need to be costly if you use something that almost everyone has in their kitchen. Aluminium Foil.
I folded a sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil and using a quart paint can for a template, I drew a circle with a pencil. I needed 10 circles for each polish star, so I folded the foil so that I could cut them all at once.
Fold the circle in half, then half again and half again one more time.
I carefully unfolded the circle, then using a penny as a template, I drew a smaller circle at the center with my pencil.
Using a scissors, I cut each fold to the inner circle.
When all my pieces were cut, I used a Q-tip and Jewel-It glue and a sharp pencil to make the star points.
I put a small dab of glue on the corner of one of the cut pieces. You don't need a lot of glue.
I laid the sharp pencil on the cut piece and rolled the foil around the pencil to make a star point. I did the same to all the cut pieces on all 10 circles.
These are the rolled and glued pieces.
To assemble the stars, I took a button and looped in some finishing line. I took a sharp point tool and made a small hole in the center of each of the 10 star point pieces.
Then string your first piece with the shiny side facing down, and the remaining 9 others with the shiny side up.
Finish by separating your fishing line - one side in each hand and gently pulling them tight. Tie a knot to secure.
You can make various sizes by using larger or smaller circles to begin with. You can also make these with wrapping paper or other colored paper of your choice. For more details on this project, visit my post.

My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies

• Map8307398

I think I could actually do that!! Thank you.

• Jeanne Martin

I make these stars using my Cricut machine. I found that silver foil tears too easily (for me) so I use Rinea foil paper. It comes in lots of colors and textures too. I’ve only found it online so far at Rinea.com

I also downloaded their Cricut pattern (SVG file) for just $2. I gave many of these as Christmas gifts this year.