DIY Upcycled Coffee Table

A while back I created my Vintage Wine Crate Coffee Table and it was a hit! But it all started with this small issue. One of the legs was a little loose on the old coffee table. When I finished up the Crate Coffee Table to replace it I of course couldn't throw the table away. I quickly informed hubby that I would fix the leg and upcycle the table....
A quick fix, just needed a few screws to attach the leg back to the coffee table.
Quickly followed by the worst job ever, SANDING. Luckily I knew the direction I was headed in with this table so I didn't have to completely sand the table down to bare wood. Just enough sanding for all the surface area to have a little grit. A little something for the paint to cling to.
I covered the table with a matte black paint. Once dry, I sanded all the edges and then wiped off with a damp towel.
I covered all the bare wood on the edges with Golden Oak stain
And finally painted on a glossy finish for some extra shine.
I wasn't a fan of the wicker in the middle so I covered the middle by wrapping some foam board with fabric and placing on top.
The glass top is the finishing touch!

30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
Becky W

• Ecm2428453
    Ecm2428453

I have a rectangle table very similar. It has a piece of glass over the wicker. Did yours have glass and did you eliminate it from the new look?

• Becky W
      Becky W

@Ecmccue This table does have the glass piece on top.

• Angela
    Angela

Is it tempered glass and where did u get it?

• Honey
    Honey

i have a oval shape table with round and curve edges then how could i give new touch?

• Ecm2428453
    Ecm2428453

Thanks....I am thinking about what to cover the wicker with for a new look.

• Susan K
      Susan K

I couldn’t find material I liked for my table so I took pictures of the coral I wanted and had Snapfish blow them up. I decoupaged them under the glass. You could use family photos. Have fun.

• Angel
    Angel

Oh so cool!