DIY Gold Tip Feather Garland

With the holidays right around the corner, this beautiful (while still inexpensive) feather garland is a perfect addition to my living room! I think I paid $14 dollars in supplies for this total!
I just used some string I had on hand, my trusty glue gun and gold spray paint. I put a dab of hot glue on the tip of each feather and stuck them to the string, each one about 3 inches apart. This part was a little tricky because I had to get the string on the feather without burning my fingers (okay, I burned my fingers a little but I’m used to it by now!). I started out by holding the feather in one hand and putting the glue on it then trying to put the string into the glue while still holding it.
Once the feathers were glued I spray painted the tips of the white feathers gold. I used a piece of thick paper (a Piperlime ad to be exact) to mark where I wanted the gold to stop and gave it a quick spray.
This really is so easy and you could use anything if you don’t have feathers…acorns, leaves, pinecones, twigs, etc.
So what do you guys think?

Simple Stylings

• Duv310660

Where do you get/pick up/acquire your feathers?

• Bonnie George

Michaels sells the feather boas. Just pull them off. They aren't as long as these but it'll work with shorter, fuller look. I wouldn't use string, I'd by twine or rope for a different look.

We don't all have birds in our backyard.

• Heather

Where did the feathers come from?

• Paege

They can be purchased online in small or large amounts or you can find usually small packages of them at Hobby store. I am sure there are other sources. I bought a large amount of small white turkey feathers and had them in a net above the dance floor and dropped while my new husband and I danced our first dance. We both believe strongly that Angels brought us together so it was a symbolic surprise from me to him. It was so lovely!