Cookie Tin Turned Winter Wonderland

I love containers of all sorts for holding things and for redecorating, cookie tins are no exception. I have amassed quite a collection and have wanted to use them as gift boxes, but when they aren't so pretty, I figured I could try and beautify one.
cookie tin turned winter wonderland, christmas decorations, crafts, how to, repurposing upcycling
I had found a few of these tins at a yard sale for $2. I loved the shape and indented lid. I figured it would make a great container for a Christmas gift. Having lived in update New York in the country for a few years and remembering the beautiful winters with wonderful wildlife, I tried to recapture that image on the tin.
Beginning with some paper that had a pattern that reminded me of the snow swirling in the wind I made it the back layer and added some white felt fabric as snowy hills on top of that.
I wanted it to be a bird's eye view of a forest scene. The red bird was the last touch. All of the pieces to make this piece were bought at the dollar store (bird and pine picks) or at Hobby Lobby (the fence, deer, trees and glitter lettering).
I may just set it in the middle of a large wreath to hang on the front door... I am undecided and not sure I can part with it yet... it brings back some wonderful memories... For a list of materials and step by step tutorial you can go here...
Patina Paradise

• Lindy

Went to the blog but couldn't find where you purchased your items- specifically the deer, but the fence and bird as well. Could you post that please?

• Patina Paradise

@Lindy Sorry about that. I found the trees and the deer at Hobby Lobby last year. I'm not sure if they have them again, but you could check your local craft store. Hope you can find them.

• Dayle

So beautiful! I have a tin Christmas tray....bought for $1 last year. You've just given me a great idea for making it something special. Thanks for sharing!!!

• Tamara

I love old tins.. This is gorgeous. Great job! Christmas blessings to you. Tamara <3