Football Jersey Christmas Ornament

I am a huge Denver Broncos football fan. I created this football jersey to add some team spirit to my Christmas tree. You can change out the colors of the ribbon and numbers to personalize this project for your favorite team!
football jersey christmas ornament, christmas decorations, seasonal holiday decor
The Broncos team colors are orange and blue. I wrapped orange twill ribbon around the football jersey cookie cutter. I used hot glue where I started the ribbon, every couple of wraps, places where the angle of the cookie cutter changed and at the end.
Here's the wrapped cookie cutter fully wrapped.
Next I traced the ornament onto orange cardstock and cut it out.
Next I used my Silhouette Portrait to cut out my favorite player's number (#18 is Peyton Manning). I cut the number out in white and then cut a shadowed number in the team color blue to help the jersey number stand out. If you don't have a Silhouette, you could just as easily use number stickers.
Next I added adhesive to the back of the ornament and pressed my cardstock onto the cookie cutter.
Now my favorite player's jersey is ready to hang on my Christmas tree. Go Broncos!!!!

Kelly @ Simply Kelly Designs

• Diane

Great way to also recycle any cookie cutters that are not being used. I have hundreds but usually go to my favorites when baking. Thanks for the idea.

• @Diane It is a great way to recycle cookie cutters Diane! I have used cookie cutters as the base or several of my handmade ornaments. Happy crafting and baking!

• Patty

Really cute and creative using a cookie cutter