Salvaged wood desk transformed with chalk paint, bubble wrap and faux leather

I found this wood desk on the curb, wanted to try to keep the original wood finish but it was just too far gone, so I spruced it up with some chalk paint, a faux leather top, and added bubble wrap and plaster texture to the drawer fronts.
salvaged wood desk transformed with chalk paint bubble wrap and faux leather, chalk paint, painted furniture
Salvaged wooden desk with bubble wrap plaster texture and faux leather top.
This desk was in bad shape, but I love this furniture era
Plaster or drywall compound textured with bubble wrap.
Paint and glaze applied to drawer front.
The desk top, in bad shape, has been covered with faux leather.
Drawer fronts textured with plaster and bubble wrap.
Amy Ellis @ StowandTellU

• Joanna

The edges of the desk are just perfect, how on earth did you do this? Nice work and great inspiration, thank you.

• @Joanna I must confess, my husband helped me wrap the faux leather top (and he's a perfectionist, LOL) So glad you like it. Thank you!

• Eric Turner

What method was used to do the top? Is it vinyl, cloth, or paint? It really turned out well.

• Hi, Eric. The desk top was covered with faux leather, and stapled to the underneath of the desk using a staple gun. At the corners, we folded the faux leather like you would wrapping paper on a gift. I hope that helps - Amy