Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection
Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection
  • San Antonio, TX

Budget Kitchen Remodel

My husband and I have been working on remodeling our kitchen for what seems like forever! We aren't 100% finished (still need updated lighting and would like to re-do the floors) but we are at a good stopping point. I love the way it has turned out, we took it from an outdated, bland, builders grade kitchen to an cheerful updated one for just $1600! We raised the top cabinets to the ceiling and added open
budget kitchen remodel, diy, home decor, kitchen design
Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection

• Mary

I LOVE the color of your bottom cabinets. Can you tell me what color you used? Brand? Love it !! Thanks for sharing!

• Bib8012398

Beautiful. Hey, is that pennies??? I love it. Also the wonderful idea of raising the cabinets. That would really cut down on dust but is it an inconvenience in putting dishes on top shelves? I really like the open shelf you added.

• Style-Sack

PS: I love how you raised the cbinets, and regarding putting htings on the top shelves, I am short enough that I can't even reach a second shelve LOL still great for storage things that are not used often.

• Georgia

What did you use for countertops? Nice

• Kim

I am thinking of raising my upper cabinets and installing shelving like you did. Do you find it a hassle to have the cabinets so high? That's my only hesitation.
    Thanks!
    Your kitchen is beautiful!
    • Lucia Falkner

Step Stool.
    • B. Enne

Mine are high, and I use a step stool to get things that I only use occasionally. It is no worse than putting things on top of a cupboard (they actually stay dust free). Bulkheads/soffits are often empty and a waste of space. I put the things I use all the time down low. I actually put my plates in a pot and pan drawer. It is so much more practical.
  • Darcy

I have butcher block counters - how did you make yours so shiny??

• Claire Bright

What do you think about putting cabinetry down the outer side of the fridge so you can't see the back and the plugs from the side? I never notice the stuff back there, but my husband thinks it will look good.
  • Joh32349372

What color paints did you use for the cabinets?
  • Shirley Lewis

I like this idea! I'm looking for a small micro wave, is this one smaller than usual? what brand is it?

• Channa Mandelbaum

How did you secure the microwave? to the wall or to the shelf above it?