Karen Pothier
Karen Pothier
  • Demorest, GA
Asked on Mar 6, 2013

Gardening/plowing need in Demorest GA

Karen PothierH.C. LawnKimberly Barney
+2

I am needing a spot in my backyard plowed so I can have a garden this summer. I wasn't able to garden last year so I really need to have one this year. If anyone out there is interested, let me know what you would charge. Thanks. :)

There are lots of great pros in the Atlanta area who are Hometalk members and I'm sure could help you, Karen. To find the ones closest to you, you can use the "Find a Pro" link at the top of the page and search by your zip code.

• Karen Pothier

Thanks so much Douglas! I never noticed that link at the top. :)

• Kimberly Barney

You can also rent a tiller at some hardware stores. Hint: Turn the soil with a shovel before starting the tilling process if you are going this route rather than having the ground disc'd with a tractor.

• H.C. Lawn

well before we talk about a shovel and turn soil how big is the garden

• Karen Pothier

The area that needs plowing is larger than what a small tiller - and the shovel - can handle. I have had someone contact me as of yesterday so I hope that works out. Thanks!