Asked on Nov 8, 2015

I have 2 buck-eye trees and get lots of buck-eyes

Bev DeardurffJoAnn DibelerGlenda Collins
+6

Are there any ideas for the buck-eyes for projects?
    Janet Pizaro

check pinterest for inspirations.

• Jane Flowers
    Jane Flowers

People in the state of Ohio make necklaces, key chains, or anything they can think of with scarlet and gray beads between them or coloring because of THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES. They sell them at craft shows. That's all I know. I get every buckeye necklace, key chain, candle I own out to decorate when THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES play that team up north. I hope that helps.

• Bev Deardurff
    Bev Deardurff

I'm with Jane in Ohio, Buckeyes are used to make necklaces, key chains, earrings, etc. They are sold at craft shows. Merchants have to be very creative to make sure that their their ideas are unique, so that their "Buckeye" jewelry will be profitable. Belle Center, OH

• Jane
    Jane

Send some to me! You could probably sell them on Ebay too. My Dad used to carry one in his pocket all the time. Why? I dont know.

• Marianne Donahoe
    Marianne Donahoe

It is said Buckeyes are good luck pieces. I have known a lot of people through the year to carry one in their pockets...

• Chris Bowman
    Chris Bowman

i have neverseen a buckeye...i do know they are good luck...can you put a finish on them and sell them...they make rock worry stones in our next of the wood....i think buckeye good luck I'd like a dozen or so..or even 2 doz.

• Glenda Collins
    Glenda Collins

Use them for good luck pieces or maybe a wreath if I gather that many. Thanks for the ideas!

• JoAnn Dibeler
    JoAnn Dibeler

I've always wondered what that state name meant! I had to see what they looked like so I "googled" it and was amazed. Slightly different shape but other than that they look just like horse chestnuts! Nobody every told me horse chestnuts were good luck, I just picked one up off a PA sidewalk one day and carried it in my pocketbook. I guess TX doesn't have them because I have needed a new one for years. They must be related to buckeyes.

• Bev Deardurff
    Bev Deardurff

Another idea would be to paint them like "pet rocks" and glue small "googley eyes" on them. Provide a house, food, etc. Finish them with a matte or glossy spray. Give them away for gifts.