Homemade Paper Envelope Advent Calendar

$5
Repurpose old wrapping paper and a coat hanger into a fantastic Christmas advent calendar, that you can hang anywhere.
What you need is some old Christmas wrapping paper, a coat hanger, some string, craft pegs and paint.
The first thing I did was make the paper envelopes using a template which you can download for free from my blog. http://www.pillarboxblue.com/homemade-paper-envelope-advent-calendar/
You will need to make 25 envelopes one for each day. I then painted the numbers 1 to 25 on each envelope.
I used a coat hanger string and pegs to hang my advent calendar. I painted the coat hanger red to give it a more festive look.
The advantage of using a hanger is that it is to hang your calendar anywhere and is easy to move. Each of my kids has one at the back of their bedroom door.
You can hang your envelopes in a rectangular shape or a Christmas tree shape.
What do you put in your advent calendar ? I put a chocolate treat and a cheesy joke for each day. Also if you notice I place my envelopes in a random order, as I think half the fun of an advent calendar is hunting for the right day. Full details of this craft and the envelope template are on my blog.
Claire at Pillarboxblue

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 17 comments
Next