Renovated Mobile Home - Landfill Save - MH4

This mobile home was destined for the landfill. The roof was no good, the trusses were sagging, the exterior overgrown with weeds and spindly trees. The plumbing was shot including the water heater. Broken furnace. I purchased this home for $500. I invested $12,000. I've made over $28,000 in one year!
Definitely lacking curb appeal.
Ok...where are the heavy duty rubber gloves? Not only yucky but the floor was rotted and would need to come out down to the trailer frame.
There was still food in the refrigerator...complete with bugs crawly all over it. I was happy once it was removed and the whole kitchen including cabinets gutted.
I rebuilt the cabinets using 3/4" white melamine interior and a dark ebony stain on plywood for the exterior. White laminate countertops. Found great deals on appliances. Get this...the entire 700 sq ft covered in hardwood (also engineered hardwood) floors for $500. Utilized recycled flooring from a local recycle store.
All cabinets have european hardware. This is the trash pull-out.
Bench seating in the kitchen.
I used tile from Craig's list in addition to some store bought. Finished with built-in cabinetry and space for washer / dryer.
shower detail
tub detail. Tile that looks like wood. Love it! Refinished the tub with epoxy paint.
Bathroom detail.
Bathroom detail.
Living room. Built-in a space to hang coats. All new windows through-out.
Couldn't afford expensive light boxes for the exterior so I built my own around less expensive exterior lights. It's not perfect...and yes it's a mobile....but it's not in landfill and someone has an affordable home now!

15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year

To see more: http://www.modernspacesliving.com

• Jason McQueen

How did you fix the roof?

• Victoria Allison

Hi Jason, I rebuilt the trusses on the back half that were sagging. Replaced one at a time. Then added a metal roof with insulation over top of the existing roof. My only regret was trying to do it on a windy day!

• Tammy

what did you do about exterior skirting siding ect?

• Victoria Allison

I used corrugated metal for the skirting (painted). Prior to putting up the skirting, I framed the perimeter with 2 x 4's (pressure treated for those with contact with the ground) and insulated as well.

• Nathan Messer

wow this is beautifully done, and very inspirational , can you please email me the project materials list and the order , because I really want to do this saME THING WITH MY CURRENT HOME so i can rent it out, and start another one, please .thanks in advance for your response, have a blessed day!

• Chandler Tonya

Wow this is a beautiful home! I was offered a free mobile 70's home but needs renovated terribly floors, windows, roof, your mobile home is just beautiful and was thinking to invest and just do it

• Smi40503202

What a great job you did!