Bright Orange Lantana blooms all summer, comes in various colors and attracts butterflies.

There are many species of Crown of Thorns, this is the midsize type.
It's hard to find a purple plant! This is Persian Shield.
Variegated Mother in Law Tongues and Indian Hawthorne in my truck going to a job.

• Suzette T

Even knowing all the above I still can not help but plant it every where, I just love this self sustaining plant. I plant it in an area that I just do not know what to do with there they go and before I know it their everywhere. Job done. I have great success over wintering them , so mine get early start and flourish through to first frost. One mans' weed is another's flower ...... keep on planting my motto....

• Sue Kiene

Suzette are you talking about the lantana? I thought in our area they were considered annuals. I am in zone 6. If you are talking about the lantana what are you doing to over winter them? I always love new ideas since I have a lot of trees shrubs and flowers that are not supposed to be here and are lol

• Suzette T

Dear Sue, Suzette here to help and answer your question regarding over-wintering Lantana. There two sure fired ways to assure one of next season success. One is to treat like any geranium one over winters. Dig up and out of summer location repot into sizeable container keep moist with air circulation ( this is a must, most over look & lose all dormant plants) . I dig up all my lantanas cut back those long growing stems to about 4 or 5" and then place in good soil minor moisture and minor sunlight. Mist often. The second way to assure yourself plenty of new lantana for spring is to gather the black tiny seeds. They have always produced for me with out any effort. Pick a spot drop the seeds three weeks later I see new sprouts showing up for another great performance. Hope this helps as I also live in zone 6 and do the above with everything from dahlia's to canna on & on.

• Sue Kiene

If I moved everything inside to over winter it, I would never be finished and would run out of room before everything got in. I do collect seeds but I prefer keeping my little children alive in their growing location.